From late September until early November, Barnabas and Tabea enjoyed living with a couple from their church in Lincoln and have been truly blessed by their generosity and help. In November, they were then able to hire a van and pick up their boxes from storage, and various pieces of furniture that people kindly offered to them, and move into a flat. They are enjoying being more settled for now.
Over the last few weeks, they have enjoyed work alongside and being more involved at the church and they are blessed! Barnabas is spending more time with the pastor, “shadowing” him to see what church life “behind the scenes” looks like. This includes things like the weekly prayer meeting, visiting people in their home or in hospital (pastoral care), meeting with other pastors around Lincoln and further afield, and sitting in on leadership meetings, among other things. He also continues to preach and help out in the worship group.
Tabea has been looking for a job, which proved to be more difficult than they first expected. However, they thank the Lord that He has now provided a job for her, which she started last week.
Following their visit to Mexico last summer, they arranged an online meeting with the mission leadership there to discuss future ministry opportunities. After finishing the application process, they are now officially en route to Mexico!
Would you pray with them that these next couple of years would be helpful for us as well as the church and that God would use this time to help them grow in their relationship with Him and make them more like Christ?
- They thank the Lord for other Christians being so generous to them and providing a place for them to stay temporarily! God has also provided enough furniture for their new apartment!
- After a couple of quite disappointing months of writing applications, Tabea will start working in the next few weeks!
- Official acceptance for the field of Mexico (although it will still be another two years or so before they will actually head out there).
- That these next couple of years would be helpful for them as well as the church and that God would use this time to help Barnabas and Tabea grow in their relationship with Him and make them more like Christ.
- For opportunities to visit other churches as well to share about what God has done in their lives and their future plans in terms of missions.
- For wisdom and strength for Tabea as she faces new challenges having just started a new job.
Thank you for your prayers.