Jim and Judy Burdett are leaving for Papua New Guinea this month and plan to return to the USA in December. While in PNG they will reconnect with their Dom Christian family and break the news that they will no longer be living there with them. However, they plan to make short trips once a year to visit and minister to them. Jim will be going over the lessons that he has been working on with one of the believers. Jim also hopes to teach from them while there.
After over three decades of living in the Dom, raising their kids and ministering to the Dom people, they have accumulated many household items that they need to deal with. Most of it is unusable for the Dom people and needs to be transported out, a major undertaking. Pray for things to go smoothly and that there will not be jealousy among the people as they give away things that they can use in the village.
God has provided a large gift that paid for their tickets and an amount for moving their stuff out. They have no idea how much is needed but God knows the exact amount.
In the meantime, Jim and Judy have been proof reading and improving the Dom New Testament for the second printing. This takes a lot of time and God willing they will have 1000 copies printed and ready to ship to PNG next year. Once they arrive in PNG, Jim will make a short trip to the Dom to give them out to the people.
- Thankful for their support team.
- Progress on checking through the Dom New Testament getting it ready to reprint, for Doug and the extra work he had to do to reformat it, for Edna and Jack who do the initial checks.
- For the gift for their trip to PNG and that they can take the time off to go, and their jobs are covered.
- They are all recovered from Covid
- After suffering from a TIA Judy’s Mum is improving in her speech and awareness and movement.
- Improvement in the health of their daughter Heather.
- Continued checking of the Dom New Testament.
- The Dom people as they receive the news that Jim and Judy are not staying and all to go smoothly with packing up.
- Heather as she will have to do more at home while they are gone, for strength and no relapsing of her chronic fatigue.
- Jim and the Dom believer as they check the lessons that Jim has been working on.
- Good times of fellowship with the Dom Christians.
Thank you so much for praying.