Jonathan and Heidi Bamford serve among the Isnag people in the Philippines. They are very thankful that they were able to get a complete translation checking team together and that nothing came up to hinder them from working every workday while the translation consultant was with them.
The checkers really applied themselves to the work and went home exhausted each night only to return in the morning with big smiles. They are very excited to see more books of the Bible in their own language and were happy to be getting an early peek into the books that will be distributed soon.
While Jonathan translated for the consultant, Heidi checked the translation and noted how the checkers understood each verse.
The night before the last day of checking the pilot told them that there was a storm in the area, and he was wondering if he should pick the consultant up a day early. The next day, the skies looked good, so they started working on the book of Titus and Philemon. They are very short books, and they made such great progress that it was clear that they would be done by lunchtime. When the pilot arrived dark clouds were already starting to form, but there was still plenty of blue sky for him to get home. So, they said, “See you early in 2023,” to their consultant and off he went to check another translator’s work.
Jonathan and Heidi are very thankful that they did not have any big distractions during the two weeks, and that they were able to check ten books, equating to 13.68% of the New Testament.
Prayer and Praise:
• Praise: The translation consultant was able to travel to check their work.
• Praise: The entire team was able to work together for two weeks.
• Praise: That they were able to check 1 & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, and Philemon.
• Prayer: That God’s Word will strengthen the faith of their Isnag friends.
• Prayer: That the consultant will have safe travels and the energy he needs to put in another two weeks of translation checking.
Thank you for your prayers.